Stains on Stored Clothing

How can I get the yellow stains out of my baby clothing that was stored in the attic? These stains were not there when I put the clothing up there but they magically appeared now.

Thanks!

Hunners from Lehigh Valley, PA

Answers:

Stains on Stored Clothing

This has worked for me many times, even on clothes packed away 30 years ago. Take a 3 to 5 gallon plastic bucket and put in 1 cup of BIZ and 1 cup of Clorox II. Add about 1 gallon of the hottest water you have and stir until the BIZ and Clorox II are dissolved. Then add about 2 gallons of cold water and stir. Add your stained clothes and let them soak. Stir them around about once a day and check to see if the stains are gone. I left one bunch soaking for 5 days! They all came out stain free and brilliant white. Works on pastels too and doesn't remove the color at all. (05/06/2006)

By Grandma Margie

Stains on Stored Clothing

If the clothes are washable, fill the washer (large load) or a bucket (few items) and soak in powdered dishwasher detergent. Mix 2 cups detergent in the washer water, or 1/4-1/2 cup in the bucket, put in the clothes, and leave to soak all day. Then wash as usual. You might want to try a few items first. If it works as well for you as it has for me, then do the rest of the clothes. (05/07/2006)

By jean

Stains on Stored Clothing

I wonder if Oxy-clean would work? (05/10/2006)

By Debbie52

Stains on Stored Clothing

It is likely that the yellow spots on stored clothing are a result of silverfish damage which can include uneven holes in paper and small yellow stains on fabrics. Same thing has happened to me and they are nasty stains, very hard to remove. There may be other insects that cause the same type of damage.
(05/19/2008)

By kathy