Stale Popcorn

I purchased a few packets of pre-popped popcorn. Unfortunately, the bags are plastic and this has allowed the popcorn to go stale. Is there anyway to make it taste fresh and crisp again? I suppose the same answers could apply for stale biscuits, too.

Cathy from Townsville, Australia

Answers:

Stale Popcorn

Well, I wouldn't use the same method for trying to crisp the popcorn as I would stale biscuits. I'd preheat the oven to about 350 or 400 degrees (F) and place the popcorn on a cookie sheet. I'd put the popcorn in the oven and turn the oven "off" immediately, so as not to burn the popcorn. I'd leave it until it starts to cool down (check to make sure it's not burning) and then pull it out. That should take any moisture out of the popcorn and it should be much crisper.

I think a biscuit in the USA is probably different than a biscuit in AU. Do you mean a cookie type biscuit? If so, yes, I'd put those in a hot oven, also, for a few minutes. Our biscuits are more like a bread and in that case, you could spritz them with water, wrap them in tin foil and heat in the oven for several minutes to bring moistness back to the biscuit. (03/17/2006)

By Luvyabye

Stale Popcorn
Popcorn Ceiling
Repairing a Hole in a Popcorn Ceiling
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Stale Bread
Freshening Stale Bread
Stale Coffee Beans
Uses for Stale Coffee
🎉
🎄