Star Wars Party Ideas

Category Party Themes
Yoda figurine
The prevailing popularity of George Lucas's epic adventure makes it a continuing party theme choice. This is a guide about Star Wars party ideas.

I am having a Star Wars birthday party for my 6 year old and need help with decorations ideas and food to simulate that of the Star Wars nature. I also wanted it to be a costume party, but I understand not everyone can afford to dress up being so close to Christmas. Does any one have ideas as to costumes. Masks perhaps - Also on a tight budget. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Laura from San Gabriel, CA

These web sites have some great party ideas...

http://www.amaz  tarwarsthree.htm

http://www.birt  l/star_wars.html

http://www.kids  thday-party.html

When my boys were little, I gave out golf tubes as "light sabres". They didn't light up, but they could sword fight with them and not really hurt themselves. That was their treat to take home. The actual toy light sabers were golf tubes with flashlights taped to them. You might want to try making some if you can't get inexpensive ones. Of course, if they are High tec like these, then they can't actually use them much for fencing!!!!

I am going to have a party for the premiere of Star Wars and then plan to go see the movie late at night. Does anyone have any cool party decorating ideas for a Star Wars theme? Also, does anyone have any simple costume ideas for going to see the movie? I thought it might be cool if I handed out some simple costumes as party favors for people to wear to the movie. Food ideas? Any advice would be a appreciated.

Use the force!

Luke

It's hard to find cheap Star Wars costumes, isn't it? My son has a Jedi costume and my daugher goes as Queen Amidala.

Here's what I have found....a simple hooded robe (costume shops sell plastic ones) is great. A black one turns you into a Sith and brown could be Jedi. If you can buy some face paint, some red and black and voila! Darth Maul.

If you are up for gold spray paint everywhere, C3PO can work, too. Gorilla masks can be doctored to look like Chewbacca.

Good luck.

Star Wars is a great theme for a party, especially with the movies coming out recently. You can decorate the party with black and red balloons and streamers, and Star Wars posters on the wall. Since it is a popular theme, Star Wars party supplies are easily found.

If you want inexpensive costumes, you'll have to be a little creative. You could instruct your guests to come in costume and let them come up with one of their own instead of trying to give everyone a costume.

Hope this helps,

Megan