Staring Roses from Cuttings

I started a few roses from stems, but when I remove the cover, the leaves dry out and I lose the plant. How long do you leave the cover on? Here in Utah, the green house effect gets really hot after May. Any suggestions?

By littleriver from Provo, UT

Answers:

Staring Roses from Cuttings

Use new growth from the rose bush for the cuttings. Ensure the plant is disease free and healthy before taking a cutting. Direct sunlight on the cuttings while they are trying to root can kill them. Too much water can cause the cuttings to rot. Only mist as needed. If you do not see condensation on the plastic, the soil is too dry. I have a patio covered with reed fencing. I root plants under it without plastic or compound, keep damp, allow them to grow at least a year then plant where you want them, good luck. (06/27/2009)

By kffrmw88

Staring Roses from Cuttings

I have tried all those things and have not had any luck. Keep trying, but realize roses are hard to root. (05/13/2010)

By Allison5

Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Nerf Bullets
Uses for Nerf Bullets
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🎉
🎄