Starting a Cleaning Business

How much do you house cleaners charge and hour for dusting, changing linens, making a bed, mopping, bathroom cleaning, dishes and vacuuming, and other light housekeeping duties? I want to start doing this for extra cash but I am not sure what is going rate. I live in central part of KY.

GranMAAWW from Richmond, KY

Starting a Cleaning Business

I am fortunate to have a lady that cleans for me weekly. She charges $10 an hour, brings her own vacuum and cobweb chaser but uses my cleaning solutions and other household equipment (bucket, rags, etc.). My home (in southern Missouri) is slightly less than 2,000 sq. ft. and she normally completes the house in 4 hours. She does all the cleaning (dusting, mopping, scouring) but does not change the bed or do dishes or laundry. Window washing is a twice a year event she incorporates one window at a time into her schedule. Hope this helps. (01/10/2006)

By Happy Homemaker

Starting a Cleaning Business

I charge $10 an hour with a minimum of 4 hours. Works very good for me. At first you might go over the 4 hour limit, but then as you clean and know short cuts in the house and get more used to it, it doesn't take you as long to clean it. Good luck(quote)(/quote) (01/10/2006)

By Janice

Starting a Cleaning Business

Call house cleaners in your area and ask how much they charge for their services. You can pose as someone who is looking for a housekeeping service. Prices vary with locality. (01/10/2006)

By Carol

Starting a Cleaning Business
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
A woman who owns a cleaning business.
Starting a Cleaning Business
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business