Steam Iron Not Working

Steam irons stop working for a variety of reasons. This guide provides solutions you can try at home to fix common problems.

Steam Iron
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My steam iron heats well, however it does not emit steam. I added new clean water.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It has a mineral buildup. Put some vinegar in it and let it sit overnight then drain it. I do that to my steam iron on occasion.

Read More Answers...

We have a steam iron that we haven't used for about a year. Before putting it away, we emptied the water from the reservoir. Now we are trying to get it to steam, but it won't. Any tips for cleaning it? We have only used this iron a couple of times.

By Kathy from Columbus, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Vinegar water. Fill it up and let it sit steaming, fill again.

Read More Answers...

My Breville 3000w steam iron won't heat. The lights just keep flashing.

By Michael

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mine does that when I am out of water. Just a thought.

Why is my mini steam iron not working, after reaching 20 pounds of pressure? How do I rectify this problem?

By VIJAYARAGHAVAN from Mumbai, India

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would try pouring some plain white vinegar into the iron and heating it up....maybe not to the full 20 lbs pressure but at least til the vinegar is warm, turn off the iron and let it set at least a few hours or even overnight. {leave it to soak in the "down" position as if you were ironing} Let it sit inside a large bowl with a towel under it so the ironing surface doesn't get scratched.

Turn on the iron and once it heats up unplug and pour out the vinegar, {use distilled water only in your steamer and irons,} fill with distilled water, heat up and dump out once it warms up; add more distilled water and let it build to full pressure and see if it steams.

If this doesn't work, repeat the vinegar process and let it heat til the full pressure builds and then unplug and dump out again.

Keep the steamer near the sink or someplace it will not harm anything else in case the pressure & vinegar "pop" out the mineral deposits that have formed in the steam vents.

Continue to do this process until you don't get any hard mineral deposits in the water/vinegar you dump out. {you can dump it into a strainer lined with a coffee filter or paper towel to see if any deposits are coming loose} In the future, be positive to use only distilled water and you won't have a problem again for many years.

My Steam Press SP-600 will not heat at all. Lights all work, but it just won't heat up. Could someone tell me what may be the matter? Thanks.

Merllean

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check your cord by plugging it into different outlet's it may work in some and not in other's depending on how the cord was bent when you used it.Try plugging it in someplace else with the cord hanging a different way. When you hold it a certain way or if you jiggle it, and it works all you need is a new cord and plug.Good Luck Darlene

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsSeptember 4, 2013
    Fabric Steam Press
    Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
    Steam Iron
    Removing Rust from Steam Iron
    Cooking with cast iron pans.
    Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
    Steam Cleaner
    Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 31, 2016 at 11:26:08 PM on 10.0.2.116 in 573 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.