Steamed Cassava (Khoai Mi)
Vote for this contest contender!
Cassava is very rich in minerals and fiber. It is a common dessert in Asian culture.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- 2 lb cassava
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- Cut the cassava at 3" inches. Remove the outer skin. Fill a bowl with water and clean with salt.
- Now cut the cassava in half and remove the inside core.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot. When the water is boiling, add the cassava. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off heat and set aside to cool down.
- Drain water and stir sugar in and place back on the stove for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Ready to serve and enjoy this snack.
- Optional: Add crushed peanuts and coconut milk on top. The person I was cooking this for had an allergy to nuts.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!