Sterilizing Sponges

Love sponges in the kitchen but not the spread of household germs? Keep your sponges neat and clean simply! Each morning, rinse your sponge with a little soap. Leaving it wet, microwave it for three minutes. Be careful as it will be steamy!

Answers:

Sterilizing Sponges

I just tried this tip and the sponge almost caught on fire. I don't think I would leave it in for three minutes. (05/23/2007)

By I don't think I would try it

Sterilizing Sponges

Sponge size and microwave power would effect the amount of time to sterilize a sponge. What is and ordinary size of a kitchen sponge? I have not found any reference other than ordinary kitchen sponge as to size or the microwave wattage when on high.

(01/29/2008)

By Hanksberg

A pile of sponges ready for cleaning.
Sterilizing Sponges
Potting Soil
Sterilizing Potting Soil
Stack of blue, yellow, and green sponges.
Cleaning Household Sponges
Plastic water jug.
Sterilizing Water Containers
Colorful Sponges
Craft Uses for Sponges
🎉
🎄