Stopping Hair Loss

I have been losing my hair for 3 month. I am eating good food and sometimes vitamins. Can somebody tell me what I can do to stop the hair loss?

Rimsha from Decatur

Stopping Hair Loss

Get your thyroid checked. It's a simple blood test. I lost so much hair through an underactive thyroid that I had to have my waist length hair cut short. Don't let it happen to you. (01/30/2008)

By Myrtle May

Stopping Hair Loss

Have you been under a lot of stress? A few years ago, after my father's death, I was so stressed my hair fell out in big clumps. It grew right back, though. If this is your problem maybe some medicine will help. Meditation, relaxation therapy, etc. can help, too. Good luck and God Bless. (01/30/2008)

By perfume and powder

Stopping Hair Loss

Go to a health food store and buy "Polysorbate 80". It's a food additive (a detergent and emulsifier). It's also fairly cheap (about $11) and it works by deep cleaning the oil from the scalp's pores. It's usually the excess oils that clog up the hairs pores that cause you to loose your hair (but stress or sickness can also cause hair loss too). They sell this simple ingredient on TV under a brand name for 5 times the price you'd pay at a health food store.

What you do is this: About 10 - 20 minutes before washing your hair, massage a bit of the Polysorbate 80 into the areas where you are loosing your hair. Then wait a bit while it soaks in, then shower normally. You have to use it at least 3 times a week to keep the oil from building up in the hair follicles pores.

If you use the Polysorbate 80 regularly it will work wonders. It takes a while to start growing back the hair (about 4 months or so) because hair grows in cycles. But, it worked great for several people I know. You just have to be diligent and do this each time before you wash your hair. Of course you can also buy Minoxidil, but this has side effects and is made mostly for men.

Here's where you can buy Polysorbate 80: (the top one's on sale for under $4!)

About Polysorbate 80: (what it is)

How does Hair Grow?:

About Vitamins and Supplements: Just take a good multivitamin and a mixed mineral supplement. It wouldn't hurt to also take a good flax seed oil or fish oil supplement, for Omega 3's. These Omega 3's help the body in many ways including keeping the hair and scalp healthy. Make sure the flax oil is organic and has been kept in refrigeration and that there's a "pull date" on the side that hasn't expired, because it needs to be fresh.

To help keep your hair: Get lots of sleep and stay away from stressful situations. Also, get a health check-up from your doctor to see if there might be something health related that may be causing your hair loss. Also, hair loss sometimes happens to women who have just had a child or who have recently undergone surgery. (01/30/2008)

By Cyinda

Stopping Hair Loss

I've had to deal with this while dieting off and on my whole adult life and about a year ago read about Biotin. I no longer deal with any excessive hair loss, it's a little pill that I take with my multivitamin in the morning. Walmart has it for a couple of dollars. Hope this helps. (02/01/2008)

By katjax36

Stopping Hair Loss

For my thinning hair, I have been using flaxseed oil capsules (1,000 mg twice daily) for years. This has helped so much. My hairdresser has even commented about how my hair is not thinning anymore. Easy solution. It's good for you. (02/01/2008)

By Wanda

Stopping Hair Loss

Eat seaweed. Make sure it's raw. My favorite is Dulse, second only to Nori. It's high in vitamins and minerals. has seaweed. You'll be looking like a mermaid in no time. (02/03/2008)

By Tami

Stopping Hair Loss

I am a licensed cosmetologist and I believe a lot of the other feedbacks, I just started using a deep cleansing professional shampoo for fast hair growth. I've seen results in 4 weeks. I believe the fastest way for hair growth is healthy diet vitamins and a very healthy scalp. Try for the products. It's all natural from Canada. (02/03/2008)

By Dana

Stopping Hair Loss

If your hair is long, it will do it a big favor to get it cut a few inches. My daughter's hair will come out when it gets to the middle of her back. I get about 6 inches cut off and it thickens up nicely. I know it's hard to do, but you gain healthy, thick hair as a result. (02/04/2008)

Stopping Hair Loss

I work in a Dermatology office. Many people come in with hair loss problems, and there a quite a few different causes and cures. It is considered a medical problem and is covered by insurance. Get some expert help. (02/07/2008)

By Londa

Stopping Hair Loss

Before trying those other remedies, get your thyroid checked no matter what. My sister was having similar symptoms, and found out that she had thyroid cancer.

Also, whenever I'm under a lot of stress or anxiety, I lose hair by the handful. Anti-anxiety medication has helped a lot, and I'm learning about meditation and other stress-management techniques. If the other suggestions don't work for you, you may want to think about managing your stress level. (02/11/2008)

By Anxiety Queen

Stopping Hair Loss

I had a huge problem with hair loss. I was loosing a handful every time I showered. I needed a good vitamin supplement with fatty acids. I use Lifepak Nano from Pharmanex. I decided on this one because this is the only company that has a scanner to prove that my supplements are being absorbed. The problem with most supplements is they are too large of particles to be absorbed, and are passed as waste. My scores have increased dramatically, and I feel better than ever. Finally, I don't clog the shower drain. Contact me for more information and websites.

By BB's Mom

Stopping Hair Loss

I have had good luck with:

1. I take an herb called Horsetail that I buy from a Whole Foods Store. I live in Houston, TX but they are all over the US I believe. I take two twice a day and my hair actually grew back and my nails grow, also. I've not been able to find this herb in a Walgreen's pharmacy or a GNC Vitamin store.

2. I take 1000mg of Biotin a day.

3. I have stopped using shampoo with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is what makes the shampoo make the suds.

I am currently using Jason's brand Biotin shampoo and I think it's actually helped my hair. I don't lose as much anymore.

4. Most important though, go to an Endrocrinologist and have your thyroid checked. When I had hypothyroidism my hair fell out like you wouldn't believe. Check to see if there is a physiological reason for your hair loss.
Good luck. (03/14/2008)

By metroplex

Stopping Hair Loss

As you can see a lot of people will recommend a lot of things for hair loss, from herbs to vitamins to food additives. But consider Rogaine. Rogaine has been approved by the US FDA (Food and Drug Agency) to treat hair loss, so you know that it is safe and effective. Rogaine is available without prescription. Rogaine will not work for everyone, but it does help a lot of people by stimulating new hair growth:

By Galso

Remedies For Hair Loss, Man Touching His Balding Head
Remedies For Hair Loss
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Dog Loosing Hair
Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink