Stopping Leg Cramps

For aches, cramps and pains in the legs, take off the wrapper from a bar of soap (any brand) and place it near the bottom of your bed between the top and bottom sheets. It will relieve the problem so you can sleep. I keep a bar in my bed at all times and it works great for me.

There were a couple nights when laying down to sleep I couldn't take a breath in without unbelievable pain in my rib area for whatever reason. I took the bar of soap and placed it near my ribs and it worked for that also. The pain was gone within 2 minutes. It will not hurt to try it, unless, of course, you are allergic to soap or have a medical reason not to.

Source: The "Dr's" TV show

By Suzi Q from Agawam, MA

Answers:

Stopping Leg Cramps

This has worked for me, also I think drinking more water will also help. (05/10/2010)

By deebomb

Stopping Leg Cramps

I saw this in Dr. Gotts column in the newspaper 3-4 years ago and it sure has worked for me, DH, and daughter. I cut one bar in 3rds or even 1/4ths and use the smaller pieces near my shoulder and both legs, under the bottom sheet. You can also use those hotel soaps. (I change mine about every 3 months.) If you are bothered by any pain, try it. I know some people say if doesn't work, but it does for us and many of our friends. (05/11/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Stopping Leg Cramps

Tonic water works! I keep a bottle next to my bed. (05/13/2010)

By ILuvDobes

Heard on a Dr Oz show: Always keep water and some Himalayan or Celtic salt (not the white factory table salt) at bedside. An hour or so before bedtime, take a pinch, followed by a glass of warm water. Those salts have the trace minerals necessary for the body. Recent studies have shown that we eat enough calcium rich foods, but we lack magnesium, especially after age 45-50. About 3 years ago, I experienced the occasional Charlie horse (did not know what it was, then) and then a severe muscle spasm in one leg. I was scared, as I had no idea what it was. Remembering what I heard on Dr Oz's show, I took a pinch of Himalayan salt , followed by warm water. In seconds, the muscles were relaxed. I started taking a daily dose of magnesium, zinc and vitamin D about 1 hour before bedtime and since then, I have never experienced that type of discomfort. I sometimes go thru periods when I take daily doses of ALL MINERAL capsules. Recently, I heard a naturopathic doctor , on TV, saying that most of our minor discomforts, stem from the lack of minerals in our system.

Woman with a leg cramp.
Remedies for Leg Cramps
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Preventing Leg Ulcers
Preventing Leg Ulcers
Leg of Lamb
Leg of Lamb Recipes
🎄