Stopping Nasal Drainage

Whats a good "otc" drug to dry up drainage?

Kelsi

Answers:

Stopping Nasal Drainage

Decongestants will do this. They only dry it up, they don't treat the underlying condition. Decongestants can raise blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure use Mucinex instead or one of the new decongestants that don't raise blood pressure. (04/18/2008)

By perfume and powder

Stopping Nasal Drainage

You may need to try more than one. The new formula decongestants (containing PE) dry my sinuses so much it's painful. I use the ones you get from behind the counter with pseudoephedrine. (And I've had as much luck with generics as name brands). Sudafed also makes a non-drying formula which combines the decongestant with an expectorant to keep mucous membranes from getting irritated. (04/18/2008)

By zoodad

Stopping Nasal Drainage

I have heard some really good reports about the new saline nasal sprays. I bought one, but haven't used it yet. It may be that you need to deal with the cause of the congestion first, possibly pollen allergies. If you go to pollen.com and register they will send you a daily pollen report with info on which pollens and the count. If pollens are high, then pop an allergy pill before going outside. I use Benadryl, but there are many others out there. This is an extremely aggravating condition. I hope you gain mastery over it. (04/20/2008)

By MartyD

Stopping Nasal Drainage

My hubby uses Mucinex, and it works very well for him. Good luck. (04/20/2008)

By M&D Ped

Stopping Nasal Drainage

I use Drixoral 12 hour tablets they do not make you tired so you can still work while taking them. They also work if your head is stopped up, like when you get a cold. So to me it is a wonder drug that takes care of a runny nose or a stopped up nose. You have to sign for them at the pharmacy counter and they cost less then $15 for 24 tablets.

I took Drixoral when it was a prescription medication years ago in the 1980s, but now that they are over the counter I do not have to bother my doctor to write me a prescription which means I do not have to pay him for an office visit and the pills are just the same, yeah! Good luck. (04/21/2008)

By Paula Jo from Mebane, NC

Stopping Nasal Drainage

Try the generic Sudafed. I take 2 of them and it stops the drainage. I should know, I get a lot sometimes. Works great and doesn't cost much. (04/22/2008)

By Barbara

Stopping Nasal Drainage

I use 2 homeopathic remedies that I buy from Puritan's Pride. One is Allergy Relief and the other is Sinus Relief. They can be used alone, or together:

puritan.com (04/23/2008)

By Maryeileen

Stopping Nasal Drainage

Everyone's body is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. A lot of people can use Sudafed type products and they do the trick just fine, but myself, they don't touch it at all. I've had severe sinus problems for almost my entire life, one of the few things that helps me is Tylenol Allergy Sinus. Of course, I usually buy the generic for about $2 a box. Good luck. (04/24/2008)

By bailegirl

Stopping Nasal Drainage
Hand cleaning leaves out of rain gutters 2
Cleaning Gutters and Downspouts
Woman using nasal spray.
Using Nasal Spray
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Creating Adequate Drainage
Creating Adequate Drainage in Your Yard
🎄