Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

When I purchase bars of hand soap, I remove the bars from the packages immediately, and place them on a shelf in my bathroom. The bars harden in the air, and it is amazing how much longer a bar will last!

By Vicki from Monroe, MI

Answers:

Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

I've also been doing this for many years and can vouch for the fact that they last so much longer. (10/01/2009)

By Cricketnc

Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

Hmm. I need to try this, especially since those bars of soap can get expensive! And the Dial we use now has an arc "cutout" of some sort, less for more, I suppose. It irritates me that companies preserve their profit margin at the customer's expense! (10/02/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

If placed on a shelf or in a drawer, they also make the room or drawer smell nice. I remember my grandmother's bathroom smelling like Irish Spring. You could smell it as you walked into the hall. (10/06/2009)

By Danialle

When I was a teenager, I read that soap would last longer if stored unwrapped. I made it my business to unwrap all the soap in the house. I caught the dickens from Mama. Now, it seems I might have been right.

My favorite soap is Coast Original. I store the boxed soap in linen and towel drawers as well as drawers that hold any folded clothing. Things smell so nice when I remove them from the drawers.

This post has given me an idea. Not wanting to put unwrapped soap between my linens, etc., I'll take a pencil and punch several holes in each box before placing them in the drawers. I should get even more nice scent to the linens, etc., and my soap (when I get around to using it (I forget to rotate)), should last longer, too.

Red bar of soap
Storing Bars of Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄