Store Extra Bags in Bottom of the Trash Bin

Here is a time saver tip; keep your extra trash bags at the bottom of the barrel, so when it is full, just remove the bag and reach down for a new one!

By ARCTICALICE from Boston, MA

I used to do this in the kitchen but one time the bag got a hole in it and yucky stuff got through. I had to wash a large roll of garbage bags and they were still sticky when I unwound them. So I don't do this anymore. Sometimes I will lay one or two across the top rim so they hang off the back and put the bag over them that way. I do keep the extra bags in the bathrooms this way though. (10/16/2009)

By Toolgirl

Every time I see this tip posted, I can't help but think how all you guys must have MUCH cleaner garbage and/or trash cans than I do! (10/17/2009)

By Cyinda

Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Duct Tape Trash Bin
Making a Duct Tape Trash Bin
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags