Browsing: Organizing Plastic Bags

Storing Plastic Bags in a Tissue Box

Reusing empty grocery bags is becoming the norm. There are many ways to store them until you need them. Using an empty tissue box is actually reusing two types of packaging and reducing waste.

January 13, 2010 Flag

Empty Kleenex boxes are great for storing plastic grocery bags. I put a box of them in the bathroom cabinet for use in the bathroom trash basket and under the kitchen sink for the kitchen trash can.

Also a Kleenex box makes a mini-trash basket to set near a desk or other area.

By Judy S. from North Dakota

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I have been doing the same thing for years. Now I keep one in the lanai filled with bags. This is for DH to take with him to the dog park for scooping! When his is empty in the truck he swaps them and then I refill it.

December 6, 2011 Flag

With I store all my plastic bags in empty tissue boxes. Just tuck them in and pull them out one by one as needed. It's so easy to grab for lining garbage cans, dog walks, or any other fast thing I might need them for.

By Shirley from Bradenton, FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

This is a great idea for truckers too. My husband has bags all over his truck because there's no place to store them. I'm going to give him a tissue box and it'll save him having to search for them. It'll also work to keep them on his dresser where I stash them till he gets home.

November 3, 2016 Flag

I simply store my used plastic bags in an empty tissue box. Pretty and easy to retrieve! I use a smaller square tissue box under my bathroom sink to store spare bags to line my bathroom garage can.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is such a nice neat idea, instead of stuffing plastic bags into other bags to store them! Thank you!

October 18, 2010 Flag

I find that I can keep my miscellaneous small plastic bags that keep on coming in more or less in check by putting them into empty Kleenex boxes and putting them on a shelf. Much neater! And the boxes will really hold quite a few bags scrunched together.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 22, 2011 Flag

If you re-use zip-lock bags, use empty tissue boxes to store the bags. Fold them neatly so they pop out like tissue.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 18, 2010 Flag

I have been using Kleenex boxes to hold reusable plastic bags for years. Hold the bag at one end, then run your hand down it and fold like an accordion, back and forth. You can fit several in a box. The ones with plastic strips on top work best and the pure cardboard for the large bags.

Not only that but, check this out, take the Kleenex box to the grocery store like Basha's, etc. They are compact and you get .05 cents off for each bag you reuse. Kinda cool.

By Pamela from Sun Lakes, AZ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 17, 2010 Flag

I keep an empty facial tissue box in my desk drawer at work, (the pop-up kind of box), stuffed with empty plastic grocery bags. It holds about 10 or more bags. It comes in handy when you need a bag to carry something home in, or if someone else needs a bag. You can also keep a box of bags anywhere you think you may need to keep the bags handy, such as in your car, your garage, your basement, or hall closet.

About The Author: Ness is the co-list mom of Waste Nothing

Answers:

Kleenex box stuffed with plastic bags

Good tip. Just hope no one reaches in there thinking they will pull out a Kleenex. (05/19/2009)

By Anonymous

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 13, 2010 Flag

Don't throw away those empty tissue boxes, instead, store plastic grocery bags in them; one in each bathroom, near baby changing stations, in garage. For the kitchen, I use an empty wine box, (the kind that comes in a bag in a box with a spout.) This is much neater than those fabric tubes on a string, that expand to the size of giant Kielbasa sausages.

By Morenrg from Austin, Texas

Answers:

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

I have been doing this for years as well as finding plastic boxes that you put a tissue box into {one with a bottom on them} and they work great.

I have cats and reuse the bags for cleaning the catbox and keep the plastic ones in the bathroom near the box! (10/05/2009)

By wolfbytez

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

What a great tip! I save all my grocery bags, but I have been putting them in another bag and that takes up a lot of room. I will be saving my tissue boxes to put them in from now on. Thanks! (10/09/2009)

By sameoleme

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

Great idea! If you have lots of bags and just want to store them you can also use the empty 12 can box that pop comes in. They have the hole(you know the one you put your hand thru) or you can just fill from the side.They also stack well. I have lots of bags :). (10/24/2009)

By caeridwen

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 5, 2009 Flag

My daughter taught me this one. Fill an empty tissue box with the plastic carry bags you get that hold groceries. You can pull them out one by one. Nowdays, the tissue boxes come so that they match any room.

By Sally M from Buffalo, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 26, 2009 Flag

I have a great overflow of plastic grocery bags, which I like to keep under each sink in the house to use for various things, for example in the kitchen I use them to dispose of peels from veggies or any other item I want dispose of when I am cooking or cleaning up the kitchen In the bath areas, I keep them under the sinks to use for numerous things. I often have my grand babies overnight, and the plastic bags are handy to put wet and dirty diapers in and dispose.

We used a number of Kleenex tissues this winter and I tend to buy the ones that are decorative. Instead of tossing them out when empty, I stuff the plastic grocery bags in each empty tissue box and have a great storage box for the plastic grocery bags. Now they are hidden in a decorative tissue box and so easy to pull one out when needed.

By Bobbie from Rockwall

Answers:

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

Bobbie, that is an awesome idea! Thanks from Indiana. :)

(03/31/2008)

By Lisa

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

You can also use the mesh bags onions comes in. You can see how many you have and also it will hang up. I get really nice compliments on my bag holder. (03/31/2008)

By Nana B

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

I do the same thing, except I use empty baby wipes containers! I even keep a container of bags on the back porch to empty the cat litter in. (03/31/2008)

By Linda in Alabama

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

I used a tissue box once as a gift box. Cut the top of the box partially open, placed the shirt inside and taped the box top back down. Wrapped the gift as usual. When the recipient opened the giftwrap they thought they'd rec'd a box of tissues, till I explained, "no, there's something inside."They liked my gift as well as my unique gift box. (04/05/2008)

By badwater

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

I reuse them also. I use them for storing used bread bags that I reuse for food storage. I also use them for rags. I roll the rags onto each other, this way I can grab one at a time. (I use these instead of paper towels.)

Trish in CT (04/07/2008)

By GirlNumber5

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

This is one of my favorite ideas. My mother has been using these for years. I think she has one in every room, go figure. Now that my cute blue Ikea bag holder has bitten the dust, I guess I'm stuffing my pretty Kleenex boxes now. (06/04/2008)

By alcorn1871

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

I use empty tissue boxes to store used dryer sheets that can be used again. Once a dryer sheet is no longer good to use in the dryer, I use it to clean out the lint filter. Saves the tips of the fingers and is disposable. (09/24/2008)

By Margaret

Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

What a great idea! That is a lot better than what I currently use. (a grocery bag to hold all the other rolled up grocery bags!) I will happily use your idea now! Thanks! (12/28/2008)

By VTMama

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
In These Guides
Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 23, 2017
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
different sized bag footballs
Folding Plastic Grocery Bags
A pop can box made into a bag organizer.
Use a Soda Can Box to Organize Bags
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 12:14:12 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.