Store Sewing Patterns In Ziplock Bags

When I purchase a pattern and cut it out, instead of trying to fit all the folded up pieces back into the pattern envelope, I use Gallon Size Ziploc Bags to place the pattern pieces into it. Where the place is on the bag that you are able to write what is in the ziploc, I write the number of the pattern, and then I place the pattern envelope facing out. This way I know what pattern number pieces go into the ziploc, I can see what pattern it is, it keeps the pattern pieces in better condition that trying to stuff them back into the envelope. I store all the ziploc bags into hand held shopping baskets.

By Lisa from Rocky River, OH

Store Patterns In Ziplock Bags

I do this, too. I tend to buy patterns that I can make over and over again in different fabrics/variations - and I will go on a cutting spree and cut out a whole bunch, then sew them all up at once. I usually fold the fabric pieces and parts together and put them in the ziplock as well, so I know the instructions are with the pieces all ready to go. (11/15/2007)

By QueenBeeCrafts

Patterns in manila files with envelop in plastic bag taped to outside.
Storing Sewing Patterns
Ziploc Bag
Using Ziploc Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Bag aquarium.
Making a Ziplock Garden or Aquarium