Storing Bulbs

I have received bulbs and rhizomes that I can't get planted this year, how can I store them for next year? They are irises and gladiolas. It gets below zero here in western Colorado.

By Kim from Crawford, CO

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I live in Minnesota and have lots of iris and you can plant iris now and they will grow in spring. But not Glads have to be dug each fall and stored in a dry, cool place and replanted in spring.

bulbs in a box
Storing Bulbs
Home and Garden Gardening BulbsAugust 3, 2011
A hand holding an incandescent bulb.
Using Incandescent Bulbs
Some bulbs being stored for spring.
Digging Up and Storing Tender Bulbs
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Spring Flowering Bulbs
Storing Spring Flowering Bulbs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:48:07 PM on 10.0.0.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.