Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Storing Butternut Squash

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Butternut Squash in wooden box.

A winter squash that will keep for a number of months. This guide is about storing butternut squash.

Here are questions related to Storing Butternut Squash.

Question: Freezing Butternut Squash

How do you freeze butternut squash? Can it be frozen in the raw form?

By Dorothy from Rochester, NY

Most Recent Answer

09/22/2010

You should bake first but freezing without precooking is not a good idea. :-( Cut in half and place cut side down on baking sheet. Cook until tender. Scrape pulp from rind and mash or remove rind and cube.

Question: How Long Will Butternut Squash Keep?

How long will butternut squash keep after it is picked?

By Dorothy from Cleveland, OH

Most Recent Answer

By kim [2]08/21/2010

I too have kept my butternut squash for many months through the winter. I left it on the vine as long as possible then when I did have to bring it in (it was probably close to October) I set mine in a basket using it (them, I had several of different sizes) as a center piece for either the dining or coffee table. They looked really pretty and were often a conversation piece, starting with, "are those yours from your garden?" Even more so by April! I think that was when I used the last one. They were so, so good! I have some growing now along with spaghetti squash. Good luck with them, and enjoy.

Solutions: Storing Butternut Squash

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!