Storing Seeds

Seeds that you didn't get around to planting this year should be fine next year if stored properly. Most seeds can be stored for 3 to 4 years. The key will be storing the seeds in a cool, dry, and dark place. Keep the temperature between 40 and 50 degrees F. It's best to store them in a moisture-proof, sealed container.

If you have any more tips about storing seeds, feel free to post them below.

Storing Seeds

I have trouble with grain weevels this time of the year. I solve the problem by putting my seed in the freezer for 24 hours. Works like a charm. Too bad it doesn't stop it from germinating and causing weeds. Oh, well. (07/27/2006)

By Mollie2

Storing Seeds

I keep mine in a ziplock bag then in a plastic container. I also keep the packages that are empty until the end of the season to see what I liked about the seeds, maybe get that kind again, etc. Not all seed grow in each of our soils, some version of a vegie would be better than another, depending on your soil. (03/19/2010)

By TandT Grandma

Dry Seeds
Drying and Storing Seeds
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Organizing Seeds
Organizing Seeds
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds