Straightening Curly Hair

What are the steps involved in hair straightening? What has to be done to keep it that way?

Ranjeetha from Karnataka, India

Straightening Curly Hair

I have curly hair and I use a leave in conditioner to keep the frizzies out. After you wash it towel dry it gently and then I let it dry naturally, but if you're in a hurry just dry it on low heat. Start with the ends and work your way up.

I bought a flat iron by Revlon with a heat setting on it. The #14 setting works for my hair, but the Chai (used in salons are wonderful). Also don't forget to use a flat iron spray on your hair, that way it protects it and keeps it from frizzing up. I buy the Matrix flat iron spray and also the leave in conditioner by Garnier. It works wonders. My hair is not frizzy or dry by using these items and I don't have any split ends. Good luck. (01/03/2008)

By Michele

Straightening Curly Hair
Curlers in brunette hair for a perm.
How To Do A Perm At Home
Girl with red curly hair.
Managing Curly Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink