Straightening My Hair

I was wondering if there is an easy way to keep my hair straight. I don't want to fry it and I put hair products in my hair and use hair protection and it seems to keep getting split ends.

By Sara from southern IL

Answers:

Straightening My Hair

Get a Brazilian keratin treatment grip straightening comb. (06/10/2010)

By venise27

Straightening My Hair

Splint ends mean damaged hair. You need it cut back beyond the damage. You need to treat your hair as fragile skin. The older you get, the more it needs to be babied. My hair dresser said even if I don't wash my hair every day, to rinse my hair with my conditioner. You don't have to use a lot, but it needs to be done daily. Especially if you use products on it. Like your face, you need to wash it off.

I am a lap swimmer, meaning hair in the chlorine pool several times a week, summer time at the outdoor pool in the sun. I wear a swim cap, I put conditioner on before swimming to protect my hair. I buy conditioner for treated/colored hair, which has a higher wax to it. Non swim days I use something else.

I get my hair trimmed every 2 months. Even the slightest keeps it healthy. Only a razor trim, no scissors. My hair grows 2 inches in the 2 months. (06/10/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Straightening My Hair

I have heard that the CHI straightener leaves hair healthy and straight, but I have never been able to try it considering the price. Anyway, I hope this helps! (06/10/2010)

By AliQ

Straightening My Hair

If you have split ends your hair is too dried-out. Cut off the split ends by twisting your hair into a rope and cut off the ends that stick out. Stop using blow dryer and use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. This won't straighten your hair, but it'll help with the split ends. (06/11/2010)

By kemperjl

Straightening My Hair

I purchased an "Instyler". They are available at Bed Bath & Beyond. I've seen them in other stores as well. I have curly hair that frizzes in damp weather. But it doesn't do it anymore. It stays straight and silky for days. I love this product! (06/11/2010)

By Lamico

Straightening My Hair

At-home keratin treatments (or in-salon, if you can afford it) will help keep hair straighter longer. (06/14/2010)

By mollyring

Straightening My Hair

I knew a girl who used a gentle "permanent" to straighten her hair. With help from a friend, instead of using curlers, she kept her head tilted downward and combed the hair continuously during the processing time. Her hair was very straight and she only required a little blow-drying to maintain for several weeks. (06/21/2010)

By mcneeleyrn

Permed Hair
Straightening Permed Hair
A woman using a flat iron on her brown hair.
Straightening Your Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄
🍂