Strawberry Baskets and Containers

Does anyone have any ideas what to do with those plastic containers that strawberries come in?

Gardener50

Answers:

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

I have 4 or 5 of these baskets turned upside down on the edge of my cabinet and resting against my refrigerator. I put my small paring knives, my ice pick, etc. in the little slots, blade down, to keep them handy to use. However, I have a number of these little baskets and would appreciate more info on what others do with them.

I am thinking of putting sphagnum moss in them and planting things that will grow in damp moss, but am thinking that would require too much daily care. You can thread brightly colored ribbon (gold is especially nice) thru them and make a pretty woven basket for lipsticks, etc. on the dresser or stick candy or mints elsewhere in the house.

Jacqueline, Chula Vista, CA (05/17/2002)

By Jcasey731

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

I place peanuts in them and nail to a tree for the birds.

Katy in NC (05/17/2002)

By kbuffingto

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

When my children were younger I used them to make Easter baskets for the kids at school. Using construction paper to make the handles. Just staple them into the basket. Or use ribbon which is more sturdy also just stapled. Put in a little bit of Easter grass or shredded colored paper towels. Then put a few Easter candies in the basket. You have a nice inexpensive treat for the children in school or Sunday school or day care. (05/19/2002)

By hmb999

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

I use my baskets to hold floppy disks. I also cut up scratch paper and place in the basket. Convenient to keep by the phone or the computer. (05/20/2002)

By mejallen

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

We do our dishes the old fashioned way. Wash by hand and put in a drainer in the other sink. In one corner we have one of these baskets. We put tops from little casseroles, jar lids, mug lids, etc. in it because otherwise they fall through the wires. We also use them in the fridge for grapes tomatoes, etc. that we don't want to put in bags because they spoil faster. Have also used them in drawers. Now I will use one in my craft work (thanks Jacqueline) little brushes and tools will stand up in them just fine.

Linne (05/20/2002)

By admin

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

I use both the clear plastic and the green plastic mesh ones to cover small seedlings so the cats won't dig them up or sleep on them.

Amie (05/22/2002)

By admin

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

My sister made cute little puffy baskets out of them by covering the inside with cloth, and the outside with polyester-stuffed material, and a handle of the same material, with a stiff backing. (08/23/2005)

By LizCar

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

I use them as small gift baskets. I clean them out, and remove any stickers then line the inside with colorful tissue paper, and run ribbon through the side slats in the top meeting in the front and tie a pretty bow. It's such a sweet way to wrap a gift. (06/15/2007)

By Karina

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

I'm going to papier mache balloons (decorate as strawberries-like her bedding) and attach baskets to look like hot air balloons. They are going to hang from fishing line in the ceiling of my granddaughter's nursery. I am painting the green baskets with Fusion paint to give a variety of color. Babies look up a lot. Grandma will make it with love! I hope our new Mackenzie loves them. (03/15/2008)

By Laurie in CA

Strawberry Baskets and Containers

If you have a garden, when you plant your seeds put the baskets over the seeds. It helps keep the birds and such from eating the seeds. (03/25/2008)

Uses for Berry Baskets
Uses for Berry Baskets
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Crocheted Container
Making Crocheted Containers
Strawberry Basket
Buying Strawberry Baskets in Bulk
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
🎉
🎄