Stretching Liquid Hand Soap

Make liquid hand and dish soap last longer. Once the soap in one of those foam dispensers is gone, refill it 1/4 of the way with regular liquid soap and the rest of the way with water (add the soap last to prevent foaming out over the bottle). Then shake it and you now have a full bottle of soap. it makes those big refill bottles of hand or dish soap last for a year or more, depending on usage. And you save money (and the environment) by not having to buy bottles of soap all the time.

Source: I saw it on Good Morning America last year.

By Claudia from York, PA

Answers:

Stretching Liquid Hand Soap

This works so great! I have never tried it with dish soap, but with the little foam dispensers for hand soap? Works great!
(04/08/2009)

By imhiz4eva

Stretching Liquid Hand Soap

I also add concentrated disinfectant to my liquid hand soap (generic brands) as this means that I don't have to wash my hands and then disinfect them, if for example I have come back inside after working in the garden, etc.

I have also made my own handsoap by grating up all of those small hand soaps that motels and hotels leave in their room for guests. I add hot water to this mixture, until it becomes the consistency that I want and then I decant my "homemade" liquid soap into old liquid handsoap dispensers/bottles.

I have not tried this one yet but I have been told that hair shampoo can be diluted down to your preferred "thin-ness" or "runniness". If you buy cheap hair shampoo by the litre (it costs about $2 a litre in the bargain basement shops here in Australia) and dilute it down, then this too can be used for inexpensive liquid handsoap. (05/16/2009)

By killerdog

Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄