Stretching Shoes

When I buy new shoes they are always tight at the front even though they are the correct size. I break them in gently around my appartment, but sometimes they still remain tight. The shoes I buy are not fashion shoes, so I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem? Many thanks.

Helen x

By Helen from U.K

Stretching Shoes

Maybe you need to go up in size or get a wide width shoe or try different styles than you usually get. What you describe is not uncommon. Shoes are notoriously hard to fit. (03/07/2010)

By OliveOyl

Stretching Shoes

Get a shoe stretcher, it also has a little spray bottle. Good luck. (03/07/2010)

By kffrmw88

Stretching Shoes

They may be the right size lengthwise, but in some respect they are "not the right size" for you. It could be in some style respect like you need a wider toe front area than the styles you normally buy.

Try tracing your foot with the full weight of your body on your foot and outline your bare foot. Cut out shape and compare to the bottom of the shoes you find too tight. It probably will extend outside the sole of the shoe. You could take cut out with you when you buy shoes. (03/08/2010)

Stretching Shoes

A co-worker gave me this tip and I have used it many times over the years. If the shoes are leather pour alcohol in them and immediately put them on and wear them. The shoe will fit from then on and the alcohol dries quickly. If it is just one place that pinches, just wet that place. This only works on leather. (03/11/2010)

By Ann

Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 9:49:04 AM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.