Stretching a Hamburger Helper Meal With Spaghetti

I was fixing some Beef Hamburger Helper the other night and found that I was having extra people for dinner. I fixed it as directed on the package. When the beef was browning, I took a handful of spaghetti, broke it in half and boiled it until done; drained it and set aside.

When the Hamburger Helper was all done, I put the cooked spaghetti in with it. It made a whole lot more and tasted great! A good way to stretch the meals in these hard to make ends meet time.

Source: An idea a friend gave me long ago.

By Virginia P. from Evington, VA

This a great idea. I add basic pasta, potato or plain rice to lots of prepackaged meals. It does make more servings. But more important it cuts down on the sodium per serving. Many of these meals have way too much salt. (10/30/2009)

By MaggieGrace

I agree about the salt content. This is a great tip. (10/30/2009)

By Raeb22

Stretching Hamburger Helper
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes