Stuffed Bell Peppers

Recently, a pal and I were talking over lunch, what we were going to prepare for dinner that night for our family. She sighed and wished for an easier way of making 'Stuffed Bell Peppers.' I asked why, I make them, doesn't take hardly any time at all. She replied that by the time she pares her peppers, cuts them in 1/2, boils the peppers, drains the peppers, mixes her meat, rice, etc. and cooks that, then stuffs the peppers, and then fixes the peppers to bake. By that time, she's messed up nearly every pan in her kitchen and too tired to do much else.

I told her that I'd never made my Stuffed peppers that way. She replied "what OTHER way, is there?" I told her, I wash my peppers, cut out any bad spots and cut around the top of the stem area making a hole not much bigger, then empty out all seeds and set aside both parts (top and bottom) of the peppers. I then prepare my meat similar to meat loaf, complete with either: bread crumbs, rice, oatmeal, etc. Mix meat and ingredients altogether and stuff my peppers with the meat mixture and place the top of the pepper (stem) on top of meat filled pepper, closing with about 4 toothpicks. I place the peppers in a deep pan large enough so they'll all fit snugly. Give them all a few shots of Worcestershire sauce.

In a small bowl, I use 2-3 small cans of tomato sauce, and some brown sugar; mix well and pour over the top of the peppers. Place peppers in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hr. This way, you've only dirtied 2 bowls, the baking pan and maybe a couple of spoons. These can also be cooked in a slow cooker or crockpot. Great for family get-togethers, or single family meals. Can also be frozen for meals later on.

I do recommend if going to serve as leftovers, make sure you mix enough of the tomato sauce topping and serve along with the peppers. This is my Daddy's favorite meal!

By Terri H.

Answers:

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Quick stuffed peppers: In a 2 qt. microwave dish with a tight cover ( I have a microwave pressure cooker) cook hamburger, onion,cut up top of pepper. then add rice or bread crumbs and what ever spices or what ever you like.
Take the peppers which you have sliced off the very top and cleaned out the seeds, etc. Put meat mixture in the peppers, put back in the same cooker that you fixed the meat in and a little water in the pan, cover and cook in the microwave for about 15 min. P.S. sometimes I stuff with stuffing mix instead of meat mix. Easy 1 dish, 1 spoon. (03/20/2005)

By Connie

Stuffed Yellow Peppers
Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper
Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Storing Bell Peppers
🎉
🎄