Stuffed Mushroom Caps Recipe
Stuffed mushroom caps are a popular appetizer and can be made with a wide variety of ingredients. This page contains a stuffed mushroom caps recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These are the best appetizers and even a main course. They can be vegetarian if you leave out the bacon. Easy to make, and on the table in just 35 minutes.
Total Time: about 35 minutes.
Source: Food.com has this and I just made it and put it on Pinterest. too.
- 10 Each large mushrooms ($2.00)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions ($.20)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs ($.50)
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped ($.75)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted ($.15)
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine ($1.00)
- 2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped ($.15)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.25)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder ($.15)
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, dried ($.15)
- salt and pepper to taste ($.02)
- 1 cup shredded co-jack or monterey jack cheese. ($.75)
- 1/4 cup olives, finely chopped ($.50)
- Wash the caps and remove stems, setting them aside.
- Dry the caps and place in buttered baking dish.
- Chop the stems to measure 1/2 cup.
- In a skillet saute' the stems, onions, olives and garlic in oil.
- Mix breadcrumbs, bacon, spices, melted butter and wine.
- Add to the skillet and mix. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Roll the mix into balls and place in middle of the cap. Press down a little and cover with cheese mix.
- Cook 20 minutes in 350 degree F oven.
In This Guide