Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for stuffed pepper soup where you don't precook the ground beef? You mix instant rice (and maybe other ingredients) into the ground beef, then drop that by hunks into the soup ingredients. My niece makes it this way but doesn't use a recipe and never measures. I sure would love to have a recipe for it.

By Amuck from Fairview Heights, IL

Answers:

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Why not ask your niece to call you the next time she's going to make it, before she starts - maybe between the two of you, you can figure out a recipe! (05/02/2009)

By dj_pinkey

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Here's a recipe I got from Recipezaar and have made it several times - it's very good! I'm sure there are many others out there, but this one is super easy!

Stuffed Green Bell Pepper Soup

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 2 quarts water
  • 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
  • 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice (1/2 cup uncooked)
  • 2 cups chopped green bell peppers (about 2 large peppers)
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
In a 6 qt. saucepan or Dutch oven, brown beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. (05/07/2009)

By Mary Moo

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Sorry, I just realized that you were looking for a recipe without precooking the beef. Anyway, the recipe I posted is very good. (05/07/2009)

By Mary Moo

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

It is obvious no one has a recipe that doesn't involve pre-browning the meat, and I got to thinking, there is probably a good reason, because you can't drain the hamburger grease if you don't fry it first. Yuck! Mary Moo's recipe sounds good, I'll go with that. Thanks for the recipe. (05/07/2009)

By Anonymous

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Why don't you just watch your niece, and write down what she does? (05/19/2009)

By louel53

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

If you are going to use a raw meat mixture, use a very lean ground beef. You could even mix it with ground chicken. There would be very little grease and it would add flavor. I make my stuffed peppers with a raw mixture using uncooked minute rice. (04/15/2010)

By jagegr

Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
bowl of colorful peppers
Bell Pepper Soup Recipes
🎉
🎄