Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
This meatless stuffed pepper recipe uses seasoned brown rice as the stuffing. It is a delicious alternative to meat based recipes. This is a guide about brown rice stuffed peppers.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An easy fall dish that's healthy and delicious!
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings, 6 pepper halves
- 3 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz extra lean ground beef (I used 95%)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Slice the peppers in half length wise and scoop out seeds and pith. Rinse and set in a baking dish, cut side up.
- Saute' garlic and onion in olive oil for 5 minutes or until softened. Add in ground beef and cook until brown.
- Cook rice as directed. Add in tomatoes, garlic salt, and ground beef mixture in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Bake peppers alone for 15 minutes at 350 F. Then spoon stuffing mixture evenly over peppers, returning to oven to bake for 30 minutes at 400 F.
- Add mozzarella cheese evenly over peppers. Broil for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Serve up with tomato sauce if desired.
In This Guide