Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

Now that I have sewn several canvas bags in which to bring home my groceries, tell me just what do I use as garbage bags, .all the ones in the stores are made from plastic.

Linda

Answers:

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

I understand how you feel. For myself I have pets, so I put my garbage in my dog food bags. Because of the wax they use it's the only way I can recycle them. (04/30/2008)

By melissa

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

I use the plastic bags from the store for trash and garbage. After they are no longer usable I recycle them. (04/30/2008)

By Harry

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

The dog food bag idea is a good one. Also, if you buy other types of feed for livestock, etc, those bags work well for garbage bags. You can use plastic produce bags, and in some cases, empty coffee containers (the big ones with snap lids) for garbage, scraps, etc. Otherwise, you could look for plastic bags made from recycled plastic products. (04/30/2008)

By Dibbs

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

Home Depot and Lowe's sell large heavy duty paper bags for grass clippings. Possibly you could use those? (05/01/2008)

By cookwie

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

I have used the plastic garbage bags several ways. One way is as a small trash can liner in the bathrooms, another is to put shoes in when packing for a trip, so you can pack shoes in your suitcase. I also use them much the same as Rachel Ray uses her garbage bowl. When cooking I double the bag and put my scraps and garbage in them, so clean up goes fast! (05/02/2008)

By Patti

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

Way back in the dark ages before plastic, we used to line our garbage pails with newspaper. Use several layers and make sure the garbage is not sopping wet. (05/02/2008)

By Edith

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags

I recycle laundry bags by using them as garbage bags. Tie a knot in the end where the hanger poked through. (05/06/2008)

By Carol

Substitute For Plastic Garbage Bags
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Garbage Bag
Saving Money on Garbage Bags
🎄
🍂