Substitutes For Egg In Meatloaf

If you are on a diet to lower your cholesterol or want to limit the use of eggs for other reasons, you can omit the egg when you make meatloaf. Substitute 1/4 cup tomato sauce, beef broth, or even applesauce for the egg in your recipe. I made meatloaf last week using ground turkey and extra-lean, ground beef mixed half and half. I used tomato sauce in place of the egg.

It not only tasted delicious, but the tomato sauce made the ground turkey look reddish like beef. Ground turkey is not only cheaper than ground beef, it is better for your health.

Warm wishes for good health always.

Source: Joanna Lund in her cookbooks.

By Carol from Wyoming, PA

Answers:

I have been using salsa (anyway flavor on hand) instead of eggs in my meatloaf or turkey or chicken loaf for a couple of years now. I also use brown rice (cooked) or cous cous as an extender instead of bread crumbs or oatmeal. Season as usual and yum! yum!

Meatloaf with several slices ready to be served
Substitution for Eggs in Meatloaf
Meatloaf
Stretching Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
Gluten Free Meatloaf
Gluten Free Meatloaf Recipes
🎉
🎄