Substitutes for Push Pins

Category Reusing
push pins on a bulletin board
If you run out of push pins, there are possible substitutes you can find around your house. This is a guide about substitutes for push pins.

Ladies, have you ever lost an earring rendering the other one useless? Try using your old earrings or mis-matched ones as thumb tacks on a bulletin board. Not only does it give a funky eclectic vibe but it also serves a purpose. :)

By abrupt_silence

This has to do with push pins, thumb tacks, children, and pets. Unfortunately children and pets don't understand the dangers of these items. Most everything a child or animal finds ends up in their mouths, many times with hazardous or deadly results.

An easy way to avoid this is to not allow them in your home! I have a medium size bulletin board on the wall. On it I have glued a bunch of wooden clothes pins. Whenever I need to post something on the bulletin board, I simply clip it there instead of using pins.

Now I never have to worry about a pin falling off and getting into my pets mouths. Or heaven forbid, into a child's mouth when my grandkids come to visit. This is such an easy and inexpensive preventative to a potentially deadly event. Recently on the news was a story of a baby who died from ingesting a push pin. Please, everyone, even if you don't use my suggestion, PLEASE come up with something so that you don't have to have these deadly items in your home!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Run out of push pins? I always do. So I make use of all those little scatter pins they give away at conventions and the like for tacks in my bulletin board, etc. by taking the backs off. Decorative, too.

By Pam from Los Angeles