Substituting Unflavored Gelatin for Pectin When Making Jam

Last year I boiled and boiled black/marionberry juice added Sure Jell pectin in 1 recipe and Certo fruit pectin in another. I got lots of syrup. Can I use Knox unflavored gelatin and how?

P.S. I noticed that my mom's peach freezerves have separated in the freezer ? That's one reason I don't do freezerves, plus I have and was raised with lots of Ball and Kerr jars.

By Stephen from Seattle, WA

Open jar of blackberry jam with fresh berries on a plate.
Making Homemade Jam
A jelly jar full of red jam with a red and white cloth on top. and fresh raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries beside it.
Making Berry Jam
A bowl of unflavored gelatin.
Craft Uses for Unflavored Gelatin
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
A bowl of fig jam and some fresh figs.
Fig Jam Recipes