Sunflower Information and Photos

These beautiful flowers of all sizes are loved by many. This guide includes sunflower information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 10, 2014 Flag

Photo Description
This is a garden photo, yet a thrifty photo at the same time.:) I took my son to a local free carnival recently. Free food, free games, crafts, etc....a frugal paradise! They had a free "planting station" where the children could choose a seed and plant it themselves.
This tiny seed started in a humble Dixie cup, migrated to a broken plastic pot, and my son took painstakingly good care of his flower, until he decided to find his Daddy's shovel and transplant it in the the yard.

This is the beautiful result. It is now taller than he is! In my mind, this is just another example of finding joy and beauty in each day "without" opening your wallet.

Photo Location
Michigan, USA

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Even though I entered this contest myself, I voted for your photo! I loved the story, and kids are so full of wonder! I see that you had more votes than the winner, which I do not understand. Kudos for a great share!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

August 24, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
This has been a strange and wonderful year for plants on our property. This lovely sunflower bloomed at our lamp post then continued to grow into this grand specimen that greets us at our back door every day. It was even more beautiful in the evening with the light highlighting it!

Photo Location
Northeastern PA

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thanks Jackie. I usually get them via my bird friends by them dropping the seeds while feeding them around the house and this flower really took off taller than any previously!

A real treat!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 11, 2011 Flag

My laughing sunflower. This flower looked like it was holding its chin and laughing in the sun. I am glad I took the picture when I did, because the next day it had completely changed.

I grow these giant sunflowers next to my garden every year, and people just are in awe of them. I also share my seeds with anyone who wants to try and grow their own.

By Ida C.

Large sunflower with apparent smile.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

What do I need to do to get some of the seeds? I would love to grow them next to my fence. :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

February 13, 2012 Flag

Field of sunflowers.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I am on a forever quest to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and this photo says it all. Field of Dreams! (In a field of Sunflowers, NJ)

September 30, 2010 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

A field of sunflowers planted by farmers adjoining our house. They were planted for dove hunting, but I enjoyed the view.

October 11, 2011 Flag

Closeup of Bee in Sunflower

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

While fishing one summer, I decided to take photos near our pond. The butterflies and bees had been drawn to the sunflowers. With a little patience, I managed to take this photo.

July 27, 2010 Flag

Closeup of a sunflower.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This photo was taken just before the sun went down last week. The sky was awesomely blue. Do you see the Bumble Bee?

October 28, 2010 Flag

Beautiful yellow, purple, and white sunflower.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Bumble bees get very tired gathering pollen on these beautiful flowers.

October 24, 2011 Flag

Large Yellow Sunflower With Blue Sky in Background

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

As a special gift to me each summer, my husband plants Mammoth sunflowers, my favorite variety, and a few new varieties so that I can see them from my kitchen window.

October 8, 2005 Flag

Bird eating sunflower seeds.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a unique picture that you have to look closely to see the birds. I looked out our window a few weeks ago to see these birds eating sunflower seeds out of the flowers upside down!

August 26, 2011 Flag

Brown and Orange Sunflower with Blue Sky

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Sunflowers greet the sun with a smile!

November 21, 2010 Flag

Closeup of sunflower head.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This photo was taken while on a walk around the Maine Medical area of Portland. A friend was inside having a doctor's appointment and I took the chance to capture some of the gardens around the brownstones of the area.

December 1, 2010 Flag

Small sunflower.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I took this picture in my garden to capture the beauty of the sunflower under a sunny day.

December 1, 2010 Flag

I wanted some pretty colors in my garden so I picked a sunflower mixed pack of seeds. I was so delighted with the different beautiful flowers I got and this is one of them.

By Cindy

Garden: Sunflower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2010 Flag

Garden: Sunflower and Friends

This is a picture of my one and only sunflower growing in my back yard. It is a thank you gift from of my bird seeds.

Carolyn in Springville

Answers:

Garden: Sunflower and Friends

gorgeous (09/11/2009)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2010 Flag

Garden: Sunflower

Mom grew this in the back yard. I think it is beautiful.

By Laura from Ocala, FL.

Answers:

Garden: Sunflower

I love the picture. (08/06/2009)

By mulberry204

Garden: Sunflower

You're right - it is totally beautiful! Isn't it amazing how we can find beauty in the simplest of flowers. The sunflower is as beautiful in our eyes as an orchid! Thanks for sharing it with us and God bless you and your Mom. (08/06/2009)

By tedsmom

Garden: Sunflower

How gorgeous. (09/12/2009)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2010 Flag

This bumblebee is almost hidden in his super sized supper. The giant sunflowers grew so well the squirrels were fat all winter. At the end of each post in my garden I grew a giant sunflower. They towered at well over 10 feet and enticed many different birds to the garden as well as people walking by to stop and take a look.

By Ann

Garden: Bee on a Sunflower

Garden: Bee on a Sunflower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2010 Flag

My First Sunflower

No tip just wanted to share a pic of my first sunflower in hopes to brighten everyone else's day like it did mine when I saw it this morning!

By April

Answers:

My First Sunflower

Sure is nice, thanks for sharing (08/10/2005)

By nmcl

My First Sunflower

Your sunflower is so pretty, you must have a green thumb. Thank you for starting my day with a little sunshine
(08/10/2005)

By Cindy, Elkhart, In

My First Sunflower

Really a beauty! Thanks for making my day brighter. (08/10/2005)

By Margie

My First Sunflower

It's beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us! (08/10/2005)

By MissyD

My First Sunflower

Simply beautiful! Thanks! (08/10/2005)

By Maryeileen

My First Sunflower

Wow, what a beautiful colored sunflower. Thanks for sharing (08/10/2005)

By grammar

My First Sunflower

Very pretty, thank you for sharing! (08/10/2005)

By meoowmom

My First Sunflower

It's me again, I'm looking at your flower again. It's so nice, it looks like it was painted (08/13/2005)

By nmcl

My First Sunflower

Wow, that's pretty. Is it a Indian Summer? You should try a Cappuccino or Chocolate. they smell wonderful. (03/09/2006)

By beachers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2010 Flag

Here is a picture of my beautiful sunflower.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 6, 2010 Flag

Amongst the other flowers in my mom's back yard, I took this one by accident, and look how it came out.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 5, 2009 Flag

A beautiful sunflower from last year's garden. I love these flowers, as they attract birds, and compliments. They really do mimic the sun!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 5, 2009 Flag

Sunflower showoff

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 5, 2009 Flag

I have always enjoyed taking pictures of all the various wildflowers you can find on our property.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos GardenOctober 7, 2013
Mexican Sunflower
Mexican Sunflower (Tithonia) Information and Photos
sunflower oil and seeds
Uses for Sunflower Oil
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet
Sunflowers
Harvesting Sunflower Seeds
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:09:02 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.