Sunflowers For My Wedding

I'm getting married in Sept or Oct of 2008 and I would like to grow sunflowers as placecards for my reception. I know it's not sunflower season but I have a room in my house surrounded by glass that my plants THRIVE in and I have a very green thumb. I will be transporting them the day of the wedding to West Virginia. Do you have any tips on growing, transporting and how long will they last once cut and should I freeze or refrigerate them before I cut the heads off?

Thanks so much, God bless. Christina from Gaithersburg, MD

Answers:

Sunflowers For My Wedding

I don't know how easy it will be to grow sunflowers For an October wedding regardless of how green your thumb is. Have you considered growing them in season and then drying them to use a place cards. They would be charming. OR check with your local florist or green house. You may be able to have the florist special order them for you at that time of the year or have a nursery grow them for you in their green house. Just a few suggestions. Good luck.

By Connie from Ballwin

Sunflowers For My Wedding

They do actually have miniature sunflowers, that you can grow in a pot. I love sunflowers! What about trying them? I did try to dry some once, but it didn't work well but you got time to try now.

By sophie4374

Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet
Sunflower
Ants Eating Sunflowers
Growing Sunflowers
Growing Sunflowers
Growing Sunflowers in Containers
Growing Sunflowers in Containers
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄