Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Sunrise Photos

Capturing the moments of the sun's accent on the horizon can create magical, colorful photographs. This is a guide about sunrise photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

June 25, 2010 Flag

The sun coming up on the lake and I had to get up and take a picture of it. I loved the colors of the sky that morning, breathtaking. This is Lake Conway, in Conway Arkansas, looking out my front door.

By Kacy

Brilliant red sunrise.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Ah, for a paintbrush and some Alexander Oil Paints and a spot all ready to set up on Lake Conroy.

I'm not sure there is an artist alive today who could do justice to such a beautiful sunrise.

Definitely "The Touch of the Master's Hand" here.

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Pookarina

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 2, 2010 Flag

I took this shot at 6:30 in the morning as the sun was just getting up. The trees, mist, water and sunlight just gives a magic look.

By Walter

Misty sunrise over water.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Photo Description
As I was leaving my home, I was hit with this magnificent view. I quickly pulled out my phone and took a couple of pictures, one with the flash and one without. One photo enhances the many colors present in the sky, while the other is so full of brilliant light. I love the movement of the clouds against the dark tree line. I also love the lone tree in the foreground, which adds such a beautiful detail. It makes the photo almost seem like a hyperrealist painting!

Photo Location
Foothills of NC

Comment Like this photo? 3

Wow! I love the color in the top photo and the rolling clouds in the bottom! Nice!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

A colorful sunrise over the Puget Sound, with a boat and dock.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I was up early Sunday morning while visiting family in Manchester, WA. I noticed the sunrise was full of color and thought it would be a great time to walk down to the water, with my camera and tripod. They turned out pretty good, I think.

Sunrise of the lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 21

Sunrise on the water was taken on March 2010 at Ft. Loudon Lake in Loudon, TN. I was able to capture this beautiful sunrise on the water with my camera. I take the camera with me everywhere as you never know when you catch that perfect shot.

Beginnings of sunrise.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

The view from our balcony at sunrise the beginning of November. There are people that think that the desert is not a beautiful place. I disagree. The first photo was taken just as the sun started to rise, The second one was taken just after it topped the mountain.

Pink and yellow sunrise.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Here are two beautiful pictures of the beauty of sunrise here in Virginia. It is so lovely every morning and I just had to share these. Hope you enjoy them. We get up each morning with this beauty above us.

Sunrise over Toms River.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Looking like a keyhole to peer through to see the universe The sun is in seconds rising to shine upon the earth. Sharing peace before the turmoil of the day with bright hopes of kindnesses to others.

Dawn on the lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

We spent several days camping at Lost Lake Resort at the foot of Mt. Hood. I got up before the sun every morning to get this photo. The slightest breeze or even fish jumping would ruin the glassy surface! I think it was worth the effort though. I love how the photo came out.

Sunrise.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 22

This sunrise photo was taken from the balcony of our hotel room in Cocoa Beach, FL on our last day of Spring Break vacation in Mar. 2010.

Sunrise at Ft Lewis, WA

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

My husband took this picture with his phone one morning during PT (Physical Training). He is in the Army so was/is up pretty early and witnesses these beautiful sunrises way more than me.

Sunrise over Toronto.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Here is sunrise in Toronto, Canada

Mt. Rainer at Sunrise from Across Puget Sound With Lens Flare Sun

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I took these pictures on Thanksgiving morning from an out cropping of rock at the far end of Manchester State Park in WA. It was really special to watch the Puget Sound come alive with wildlife as the sun rose.

Sunrise.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 71

I woke up very early one morning and took these pictures from my front window of our beautiful sunrise. I hope you'll like my sunrise, and will vote for "our good morning world"

Scenery: Sunrise (Chandler, AZ)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This photo was taken in Chandler, Arizona. I was able capture two different times of day to get a similiar picture

Sunrise in Manchester

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I really love the view from Manchester at sunrise. With Mt. Rainer, the islands of the Puget Sound, and Seattle across the water, and the quant homes along the beach; it is truly picturesque.

Sunrise over the lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I was up early and saw this beautiful sunrise on the lake. So peaceful. The next picture is later in the morning. Our cabin was on the main water way to the lake and had lots of boat traffic. Nice to sit and watch the world go by.

April 6, 2011 Flag

Remember the old saying: "Red sky at night, sailors' delight; Red sky in the morning, sailors' take warning." This is such a case. This was taken early February prior to one of the worst snowstorms we had.

By Elayne M.

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

Beautiful photo, and fantastic colors. You don't often see such perfection in color such as this. I love silhouettes anyway, and this is one of the best I've seen.

Thank you for sharing.
(03/09/2011)

By PookaRina

Scenery: Sunrise

Beautiful!
(03/09/2011)

By lyonpridej

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 8, 2011 Flag

If there is a better way to wake up than to a sunrise like this I haven't seen it. The color was so spectacular, I ran out in my nightgown to get this picture knowing that it could be gone in seconds.

To show how much I wanted this picture, I was barefoot and we had a foot of snow on the ground. All I had to do was step out the door and go about 10 feet from the front porch, believe me it didn't take long to get back in the house. As you see it was worth every bit of cold toes.

We live by a lake and the pink reflection from the sky repeated itself on the snow and ice. Simply spectacular!

By Ann

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

Breathtakingly beautiful! (02/20/2011)

By katheri365

Scenery: Sunrise

Absolutely awesome, Ann! And running out in the snow to take a photo sounds like something I would do even though I shouldn't. :-) (02/20/2011)

By Deeli

Scenery: Sunrise

Thanks Ann for sharing such a great photo of such a beautiful sunrise! It was definitely worth running out into the snow for! I hope your toes are warmer now ;-) I would have done the same thing, as I know the scene changes in seconds when I'm taking pictures of sunsets. Your picture is so beautiful I'm saving it in my computer (credited to you, of course). (02/20/2011)

By Pixiedust7

Scenery: Sunrise

Ann, thanks for letting me see the scene through your eyes. (02/20/2011)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 18, 2011 Flag

This was taken in the morning after sunrise. The colors were stunning and the neighbor's barn made such a pretty picture in my camera's eye. The beauty in the colors is exquisite. It made me glad I get up early. The sight of this made me smile.

By Nelliemary

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

It's Gorgeous! You took that photo at just the perfect moment. (01/29/2011)

By Pixiedust7

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 25, 2011 Flag

Today, I gazed up at the sky of dawn and all that came up to my mind was "To Infinity and Beyond"

By Samurai from Rawalpindi

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

That was a very nice thought. It was cute, too. (09/28/2010)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 27, 2010 Flag

Sunrise from My Porch

Sunrises and Sunsets are such a blessing we enjoy every day living on a lake. Once in a while we get one that is spectacular and just have to capture so we can share with all those who chose to live elsewhere for one reason or another.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Answers:

Sunrise from My Porch

Look at the photo again, there's an angel right in the middle. Her wings are fully spread, she's playing a flute, her hips are slightly turned making her gown fluff out. What a great photo! (12/10/2009)

By sarsi

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sunrise in East Tennessee. My husband and I were fishing and this picture just captured my eyes of the beauty of the morning.

North Florida beauty. I love the sun rays and a hint of color seeping through an unusual clump of cloudy bliss.

This is a breathtaking view of the sunrise on July 4th 2005 from my front porch.

Photos SceneryFebruary 6, 2014
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Celebrity Photo
Finding Celebrity Photos
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 21, 2017 at 10:17:03 PM on 10.0.2.229 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.