Super Glue For Minor Cuts

If you get a paper cut use super glue to get it to stay shut. Also for a small cut that might have required a stitch or two, first use butterfly sterile strips for a day then that evening remove bandaids and top the cut with super glue. You may have to repeat the covering a time or two, but this will be waterproof and better then messing with wet bandaids all the time. Also cheaper then my $100 copay for emergency room stitches.

By Melanie

Answers:

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

A nurse I know says that Super Glue is toxic. I'd be very careful!! (02/05/2005)

By Brenda

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

Just used super glue yesterday to seal and hold together a deep reef cut on my left foot. First, I thoroughly cleaned the cut, then applied the glue directly into the wound and pinched for thirty seconds. No pain, redness, or swelling, thus far. (05/08/2006)

By Micah

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

Actually, super glue is non toxic (05/08/2006)

By Mojo

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

As long as you don't apply it to the inside of the wound it is a safe and very effective method. Only coat the edges of skin that can be laid evenly over each other. Before gluing you must clean the cut of all dirt completely with hydrogen peroxide and rinse. (10/14/2006)

By Atom

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

I use SuperGlue on cuts (some that look like they might need stitches) and I have always been fine. The last time I had a little reaction, but I didn't clean the wound beforehand so I think that had everything to do with it. (03/02/2007)

By TripKidSanDiego

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

You wouldn't want to eat super glue, but it's great for closing small cuts. I've had a gash on my knee glued shut as well as some cracks on my feet. The glue that the hospital uses is a little more flexible than super glue, but otherwise it is the same. My podiatrist said that he uses it for paper cuts all the time, and told me I could reglue the cracks on my feet if the glue came off. It works great and closing the wound stops the pain. (12/03/2007)

By jillianjiggs

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

Glued my finger shut after cutting it real good. Thought I'd need at least 3 or 4 sutures, but super glue worked great. (08/14/2008)

By skynyr

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

There is also a Skin Saver? version you can get with antiseptics in it! I prefer that. Great for blisters! (08/27/2008)

By pamphyila

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

I have been using brush on Super Glue for minor cuts and abrasions now for 5 years. It is truly amazing how fast it heals and the pain is gone immediately. My kids never ask for a band aid, they say glue me! (10/09/2008)

By Heather

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

Super Glue was initially invented to be used in heart surgeries to repair minor tears. It's safe to use on cuts! (11/04/2008)

By Jonathan

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

I cut my upper lip trimming my mustache and could not stop the bleeding. I tried for over an hour so I had my kid put a drop of superglue as I held it together. It worked great, even mixed with the blood as it set up. (01/31/2009)

By Les G

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

A few hours ago I was in the kitchen and I was distracted at the moment and, BAM, sliced right into my index finger. At first, I ran it under water then wrapped it in napkins and it kept bleeding for a bit. I put some super glue on it and it has held it shut I can use the finger without feeling any pain. (09/13/2009)

By Firrox

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

I used Super glue at the end of a rugby game to close a gash on the top of my head that I received from an opponents tooth that would have required 2-3 staples. After cleaning it with peroxide and antiseptic I applied the glue and have had no problems. (10/12/2009)

By a560800

Super Glue For Minor Cuts

My grandpa's doctor told him to use super glue on those nasty cracks he gets in the skin around his fingernails. (His hands get super dry in the winter.) At first my gramps thought the doc was joking, and he laughed at him. But the doc was serious! And it works like a charm! Now our whole family uses it for minor cuts. (10/12/2009)

By artygirl

Super Glue For Minor Cuts
Super Glue For Minor Cuts
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Clothing
Removing Super Glue from Hair
Removing Super Glue from Hair
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
🎄