Super Glue on Eyeglasses

How do I remove super glue from plastic eyeglasses?

Super Glue on Eyeglasses

I would take the glasses to an optics shop and ask them, especially if the lenses are not glass (polycarbonate), are coated, or anything other than plain old glass. If they are glass, I would think acetone would be fine for the lenses; but I would be careful of the frame.

Probably worth the trip to the eyeglasses store, considering the price of glasses. (09/13/2008)

By Jilson

Super Glue on Eyeglasses

I was looking for something on wainscoting, did a search and found this info was on the Bob Vila web site under frequently asked questions:

How do I remove Krazy Glue from glasses, remove Super Glue from prescription lenses?

I would be careful if you have special coatings or plastic lenses as acetone or nail polish remover may damage it, also. Super Glue/Krazy Glue aka cyanoacrylate, may have a chemical reaction with many substances and actually becomes part of it. That is one of the reasons why it works so well.

Here is a how-to on "How Super Glue works".

This is a link to the company that makes Super Glue:

And this is how Krazy Glue states to remove it:

Sure hope this helps.

Super Glue on Eyeglasses

Read your recommendations. Although had to wince when I put acetone on my eyeglass lens. Three of four swipes with a Q-Tip and it was gone.
Thanks, just saved $150.00 (11/22/2008)

By zamboniz

Super Glue on Eyeglasses

If your glasses lens has become detached from the frame and is marked with super glue, soak the lens in acetate-free nail varnish remover (in UK obtainable at Boots stores @ 1.25 pounds for a bottle) for 24 hours. Then dry off the lens and use a cotton bud soaked in the nail varnish remover to rub the super glue mark. From time to time gently scratch the mark with your fingernail and then resume rubbing with the cotton bud. (03/21/2010)

By Bobo9

Loctite Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses
Super Glue on Eyeglasses
Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Reusing An Eyeglasses Case, Empty Eyeglass Case
Reusing An Eyeglasses Case
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 15, 2016 at 6:17:57 PM on in 925 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.