Super Glue on Granite

How can I remove super clue from my granite countertop?

By Barbara from Manhattan, KS

Answers:

Super Glue on Granite

Acetone nail polish remover takes super glue off skin. Should work on granite. Try it in an inconspicuous place first. (12/14/2009)

By Omanana

Super Glue on Granite

Use a flat-edged razor blade. You place the blade flat on the counter (don't use a corner of the blade; use the full blade flat on the granite). You sort of "push" it away from you, which will scrape the superglue from the granite. I used to be the general manager at company that created and installed granite and marble countertops. We used superglue to fill in small imperfections in the granite. Basically, if there was a little hole or some kind of pock mark in the granite, we put a small amount of superglue in the hole and then scraped the flat edge of the razor blade across the top, and that fixed the hole so that foodstuffs wouldn't get into the hole. Since granite and marble are natural products, those types of imperfections exist, and that's how most of the installers handle that problem.

I've not ever tried acetone on a granite countertop, but I advise against it. It is likely to help to remove the superglue, but is also likely to damage your lovely granite and dissolve any sealant that had been put on the granite. Remember to apply a good, quality sealer once a year (some do it more often, and that's not a bad idea). If you do try the acetone (or have already tried it), if it doesn't wreck the granite, I'd recommend sealing it immediately. I hope my response helps. (12/14/2009)

By tsiegl

Super Glue on Granite

Acetone works well (combined with a little elbow grease). I had Gorilla glue on my brand new granite counter tops right after we had rebuilt our home. My plumbing contractor gave me this tip. Use acetone and a clean white rag, after glue is gone rinse with cold water. (12/17/2009)

By lostinthe

Super Glue on Granite

This has happened to me also, but what I used was a kinda steel wool scrubber dunked in steaming hot faucet water with some nail polish remover. It got most of it off, but not all of it. I would recommend trying this today, then leaving it alone for a full 24 hours, then repeating the process at that hour. Try doing this daily, and all of it should come out in about a week! (04/15/2010)

By StarrAndJacob

Super Glue on Granite
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Clothing
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
Kitchen with granite countertops.
Removing Glue From Granite
Removing Super Glue from Hair
Removing Super Glue from Hair
🎉
🎄