Super Sloppy Joes

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 3/4 cup onion, diced
  • 1 can chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
  • 1 Tbsp. ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
  • Ad
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

Brown ground beef and onion. Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue browning and stirring until well blended and the meat is cooked through. Serve on buns.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Super Sloppy Joes

CAN YOU MAKE THIS WITHOUT GUMBO? (01/23/2007)

Super Sloppy Joes

I have been making this exact recipe for years. It's one of our favorites! It really does need the chicken gumbo soup (Campbells makes it) as far as I'm concerned. It would be just a regular sloppy joe if you left it out and substituted something else. You might think the ingredients sound sort of wired but it's really quite tasty! My hubby likes some hamburger dills on his sandwiches.
(01/23/2007)

By Debbie52

Super Sloppy Joes

Hi! What size gumbo do you need? A small can like chicken noodle soup or the larger cans like the Chunky soup can? Also when you say prepared mustard is that like regular yellow mustard? Sorry to sound so clueless :( Thanks (01/23/2007)

By Andjerm

Super Sloppy Joes

Andjerm: Yes, prepared mustard is the same as yellow mustard, like what you'd put on a hotdog. The size for the Chicken Gumbo soup is 10 3/4 oz. It's a regular size can of soup.

Oh and NO you are not clueless. Asking for specifics when you're not sure is a good idea! I like to know exactly what I'm doing before I try a recipe for the first time. (02/04/2007)

By Debbie52

Super Sloppy Joes

I would like to know how to make yellow sloppy joes, can you give me a hand? (01/23/2009)

By John C.

Sloppy Joe Recipes, Sloppy joe on a plate with curly fries.
Sloppy Joe Recipes
Sloppy Joe Pocket Recipes
Sloppy Joe Pocket Recipes
Onion Burger
Onion Burger Recipes
Souper Burger Recipes
Souper Burger Recipes
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
🎉
🎄