Surprise 16th Birthday Party

My son is turning 16 in a couple of months. I would like to have a surprise birthday party for him. But like everyone else we are on a tight budget. One of my biggest problems is where to have it. My home is way too small for all the family and friends and everywhere I can think of costs a lot to rent. His birthday is in April, sometimes it is not warm enough for an outside party. Anyone have any ideas?

Angel from Catlettsburg, KY

Answers:

Surprise 16th Birthday Party

How about doing a "gamer" sleep over? Have a few of his close friends come spend the night and rent some video games. You can have a cake, blow out the candles, and then when the parents leave (if you have any coming) you can let the boys stay up all night playing the video games. If you go with that you'll have to pick games that parents will let their kids play. Or if you're worried about space, meet everyone at your son's favorite restaurant and have the cake party there. Then all his friends who are going to spend the night can meet you all back at your house.

(02/15/2009)

By amberina

Surprise 16th Birthday Party

Does your church have a hall? Will the school allow you to use the gym? Maybe the local pizza parlor will let you have the back room if you buy a certain amount of food from them--sometimes that may be a few pizzas and drinks, no matter who shows up. My son had a friend who hosted everyone in their remodeled basement for whatever reason. Our park has an enclosed pavilion that is rented out cheaply. I wouldn't worry too much about decorations, at 16 they care about friends, movies, games, sports, and music. Accompany that with food, and they'll have a good time. (02/17/2009)

By susanmajp

Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
16th birthday cake.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Cupcakes for a sweet 16 birthday party.
Sweet 16 Birthday Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄