Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I want tips for planning a sweet 16 masquerade party. Any ideas?

Tabby from Toledo, OH

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

You didn't post much information on the birthday teen. Boy? Girl?

The only thing I can think of right now is that when he/she passes out the invitation, you also hand each guest a plain mask with instructions to be creative and design their own mask to wear to the party. You might also attach a small baggy with jewels, paint, feathers etc with the plain mask to help them get started.

Maybe if you give some more information, we can help more.

Good luck! (10/17/2006)

By ChristiansMom

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I'm planning on doing the same for my sweet 16 but with a twist. Everyone will be required to wear a mask and keep it on. I thought it would be best to have everyone buy their own mask so they would be able to customize it to their liking ( and have a "best mask" contest). Someone will announce there has been a murder or kidnapping. I will place cards on each table containing clues to who it is. I will have someone act as the murderer/kidnapper and leave a trail of bread crumbs, such as some fabric here or a glove there. The one to unmask the person will be given a prize ( I was thinking something like a prepaid cellular. (Some only cost about 7 dollars). I will have a number of contests such as "best dressed", "most mysterious", and "best character". I will also put aside about 2 hours to host a performance time where people can display their talents for prizes if they wish. (08/22/2007)

By niambi

Two young girls in masquerade masks at a party
Sweet 16 Masquerade Party Ideas
Girls at Masquerade Party
Masquerade Party Ideas
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Ideas
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
Masquerade masks at   a masquerade ball.
Masquerade Ball Decoration Ideas