Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I am trying to decide if I am going to do a Masquerade party for my 16th. I'm just not sure if the people I invite would wear the masks? But, I need help with pretty much everything.

Kiah

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

Just post on the invites that they cannot enter if they do not wear the masks. Make sure there is a security guard at the entrance and inside making sure people keep them on. (08/31/2008)

By Jasmine

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I was planning more of a Renaissance look for my Masquerade decor with white lights, lots of tulle and greenery (garland, trees with lights, etc) and of course an arched lattice doorway with greenery and lights.

I plan on using a formal card invitation with the clay seal that you have to break to open. I will require a mask to enter, but I'm also encouraging full character costumes (no Halloween style monsters and things). I want to keep it classy. I will also be having contests for costumes, masks, even for character pairs or groups.

Your games do not have to go with the theme, it could be as simple as a memory game, musical blocks (using taped down construction paper on the floor) not so violent, or a little bit more elaborate like a "who done it" mystery game. Some ideas: word scrambles, twinkie eating contest, apple eating-tie apples with string hanging from rope; if that's not enough, want more ideas let me know.

We plan on keeping them busy all night with games and activities instead of just dancing. We figure no one would be bored and we'll have different games for different personalities. Invites: Only invite those whom are not only close to you, family, but the others should be ones that would actually participate in something like this. We had some people say there's no way they were wearing a costume or mask and we told them that the only way to get in is if you're wearing one. This changed their minds and they weren't mad or anything. It will be fun and everybody gets a chance to be someone else for a day. (09/12/2008)

By Konialyn

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I'm having a masquerade ball for my sweet sixteenth birthday. I am requiring everyone to have a formal dress or suit and they must have a mask. My dress will be blue and I will have a mask resembling a butterfly. Also, I will have gold colored invitations that are required to get in (there will be a guard to prevent party crashers).

I don't want to play princess so no one will be singing happy birthday or anything and I don't want a huge entrance. But I will have cupcakes with plastic miniature masquerade masks on them. Everything will be chosen to match the color of my dress. If I don't have a boyfriend, one of my guy friends will escort me and I want to invite about 100 people. My friends are in charge of handing out invites and they are to use their better judgment. (02/07/2009)

By Jax

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

For costumes, you could go to www.nexteve.com and they have really pretty ballgowns for really good prices. (04/21/2009)

By Sally

Two young girls in masquerade masks at a party
Sweet 16 Masquerade Party Ideas
Girls at Masquerade Party
Masquerade Party Ideas
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Ideas
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
Masquerade masks at   a masquerade ball.
Masquerade Ball Decoration Ideas
🎉
🎄