Swim Party Ideas

I'm having a 13th birthday party in August and I need ideas. It's going to be a girl/boy swim party at night, and my crush is going to be there so I am worried the party is going to be a disaster. Please help me!

Erica

Answers:

Swim Party Ideas

Have you thought of a Hawaiian theme? Cheap grass skirts for both boys and girls. Hula contest with dollar store batons for the guys to whirl. You could use streamers on the baton ends for the fire baton effect. Have drums for the boys to beat on (what boy could resist making noise?!). You might get the music at the library as some do lend tapes and Cd's. That way you wouldn't have to spend extra for the theme music. You could still have your favorite music too. Mix it up. Play one theme song with a contest then play a few of your favorites. Leis and leaf head rings are available at party stores. Or you could make a contest out of making leis. The guys have to make one for the girls and the girls make one for the boys. Good luck. And if they are really your friends there is no way it could be a disaster! (07/13/2006)

By CARLA BLEDSOE

Swim Party Ideas

Make sure the party has lots of adult supervision. You don't want all your friends' parents to think you are the girl who has parties where boys and girls hook up and do things they're not supposed to do. A swim party at night just sounds risky. (07/13/2006)

By Allison

Swim Party Ideas

Try not to be nervous just because the boy you are interested in will be there. Just be yourself. Obviously he considers you a friend, or he would not come to your party. Treat him as your friend and if anything is meant to happen for the two of you it will progress naturally. I think you should plan some fun games in case the party starts to drag. If everyone seems to be having fun without organized games, go with that. Make sure you have lots of good food and music. If you have the mindset that your party will be fun, it will be! (07/13/2006)