Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

Does anyone know how to make Swiss steak? My mom used to make it using a Swiss Steak seasoning packet that she bought at the grocery store. She said she has been looking for it in Texas, and can't find it. I can't find it here in California either.

Alisha from Lompoc, CA

Answers:

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

This is how we make it at my house. Season steaks in salt and pepper, coat in flour and brown in oiled Dutch Oven (or stockpot). Do not drain the drippings from the pan. Add one or two cans of cream of mushroom soup and a little bit of water. Bake at 350 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Yum! (10/23/2008)

By

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

I don't have the seasoning packet recipe but I do have this one:

Crockpot recipe

• 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 round steak
Place steak in crockpot (cut into pieces to fit if necessary), top with chopped onion, then pour soup over. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. (10/23/2008)

By Linda L

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

Go to amazon dot com and type in "Swiss steak seasoning packets" and there are three that come up. You can order from there if that's what you want. If not, do a google search on the seasoning and see what comes up. (10/23/2008)

By

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

Try looking for it in the spice aisle in the grocery store. They have boxes with seasoning packets for everything from gravy to cheese sauce to Swiss steak to Sloppy Joes. (10/23/2008)

By PICO

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

My mom made it too and I still do on occasion. We don't use a packet of seasoning. We just pound the meat out thin, then coat with salt, pepper, garlic, flour and fry until brown on both sides. Leave in the pan, cover with lots of sliced onions, put a lid on until the onions become clear, then immediately pour in enough hot water to cover onions and steak, turn down on really low heat and simmer for 2 hours. Hope this helped. (10/24/2008)

By Sheila

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

I don't use seasoning or pound and flour the meat. Instead I use my roasting pan. I place the round stead in the pan with onions and two cans of diced tomatoes. Let cook for about an hour or more at 350 degrees till meat feels somewhat tender. I then add salt and pepper, for I read that salt in the beginning toughens the meat, then I add sliced carrots, cover and cook till carrots are done. Believe you me I don't have to call my children twice to eat when it is done. I also use the "gravy" to put over the mashed potatoes I make along with this meal.

Another variation is to add green pepper, onions, carrots and potatoes cut in wedges, this is refered to as Italian stew. (10/25/2008)

By LuLu

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

CF Sauer makes a Swiss Steak Baking Bag (www.cfsauer.com). You would have to order it online because it is only sold on the East Coast, but since you and your mom can't find any in either state, it may be worth while. (01/19/2009)

By Al

Swiss Steak Seasoning Packet

I contacted the company, can't remember if McCormick or Schilling, years ago and they no longer made the seasoning packet. (03/01/2009)

By Paula

Swiss Steak
Swiss Steak Recipes
Slow Cooked Steak
Slowing Cooking a Steak in the Oven
steaks in a supermarket meat case
Saving Money on Steak
Swiss Chard Leaves
Swiss Chard Recipes
Freezing Swiss Chard
Freezing Swiss Chard
🎉
🎄