Swollen Feet

What can I do to prevent my feet from swelling?

Donna from Houston, TX

Answers:

Swollen Feet

Try elevating them whenever possible. Do not sit in one position for more than 1/2 hour. Get up and walk around.

Don't sit with legs/ankles crossed. (09/18/2006)

By jean

Swollen Feet

Donna, do you have high blood pressure? If I don't take my meds for high blood pressure, my ankles swell. Also, perhaps cutting back on salt will help, too. I also agree with Jean's advice. (09/20/2006)

By Luvyabye

Swollen Feet

All of the mentioned advice and be sure to drink PLENTY of water all throughout the day. I know, I know... yuck on the water. But your body NEEDS it. Not to mention flushing out all the bad gunk from your body. And your skin will look great, too! (09/20/2006)

By Wendy from Huntsville, Texas

Swollen Feet

Have you considered Compression hose? I had my legs wrapped to get excess water out several years ago. I've worn compression hose since then. Anyone working on their feet would benefit from the extra support. Also, keeping the feet up when sitting helps, along with cutting back on salt. (09/20/2006)

By hwalz

Swollen Feet

If you haven't seen a doctor, please do. I have to elevate my feet above my heart at least 1 hour each day. It helps to not sit for more than 30 minutes at a time. Ellen, Maricopa,CA (09/20/2006)

By msettamae2

Swollen Feet

All of the above.. do you have heart problems? High blood pressure? Urinary problems? First thing is a medical check for the underlying problem.
If clear medically, elevate your feet whenever you can, ie, propping them up on a footstool when watching tv. For long distance travel, car, train, plane, wear support hose they really do help.
A few years back a friend and I flew from Australia to Canada.. long flight. I wore support hose on the plane, my friend just wore open sandals, no hose at all.On arrival my ankles/feet were perfectly normal, hers were very swollen and stayed that way for a week!

(09/21/2006)

By elliecat

Swollen Feet

Hidden salt(s) is sometimes hard to recognize, so I'd recommend that you truly and conscientously read labels to learn how many mg. of all sorts of salt you might be getting. Mine was always soups, Ketchup, Italian/Mexican foods, pretzels, chips, crackers, popcorn, tuna,peanut butter, nuts...until I declared WAR because I was swelling and felt like dying ! Once I really began watching ingredients I also began to drink "lime water" and Sweet N Low:

1 16 oz. ice water
1/2 CAPFUL of lime concentrate
1 packet Sweet N Low

The risk was worth it to me.

There's something in this that HELPS. Also I watch
eating CANNED foods too much, because they are notoriously high in Potassium(a salt) and Sodium
(another salt). I suggest that for several weeks, try HARD to find "salt free" items, even if you crave salt for a time. Drink LOTS of liquids, and eliminate fast foods as well. This will get you on the right track immediately while you check with your doctor for something even more serious causing it? God bless you, dear heart. (09/21/2006)

By Lynda

Swollen Feet

My stepdad has this extremely bad, in his legs also. His stopped swelling so bad when he cut caffeine out of his diet. It was amazing how fast it went down. (09/21/2006)

By micksgirl

Swollen Feet

I find that if I'm behind on drinking my 8 glasses of water a day, my feet & ankles will swell. But on days that I've been drinking my water, my feet and ankles aren't swollen. (04/25/2007)

By badwater

Swollen Feet
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 9:11:10 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 906 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.