Swollen Feet and Ankles

May I have some tips for swollen ankles and feet? I don't know what causes this but it can be very painful. It is the tops of my feet that get really bad. Thanks for any advice.

Swollen Feet and Ankles

You don't give your age or any other details but swollen feet can indicate a number of different conditions, some of which are serious. My advice is to see your doctor. (06/20/2005)

By Seagrape

Swollen Feet and Ankles

Too much salt (sodium) in your diet and not enough water could do it. Hate to say it but more serious problems would cause it too. I agree with the other folks, see a physician if you decrease your salt and increase the water and that doesn't help.

Blessings! (07/11/2005)

By peggygv

Swollen Feet and Ankles

Sometimes peoples feet and ankles swell from the heat or sitting too long. I used to get swollen ankles some when sitting too long. Then I had my legs swelling when we took a very long flight and had delays and such. I saw my Dr. and he said I was retaining fluid so I take a water pill. I also take something for high pulse and high blood pressure. I don't seem to ever have the problem anymore but I try not to sit too long at a time at the computer and have my legs dangling. Your best bet is to see the Dr. and hopefully you have by now! (09/02/2006)

By Debbie52

Swollen Feet and Ankles
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet