Table Decorations for Church Banquets

I need to decorate tables early next month for our church ladies banquet, any ideas? I have used snowmen, ornaments, and just dollar store figurines the past several years. I would like something kind of different. All suggestions will be much appreciated!

Barb from Liberal, MO

Best Answer

Hi, We have each table decorated by a lady that sponsors that table. We make our tables fancy. Each lady brings in her own centerpiece, tablecloth, plates, etc. You can do it fancy, or simple, and just have them bring in the centerpiece. That way, each table is unique. It is amazing how nice each table looks, and they are all so different. Loretta

Best Answer

I bought 6 med. red baskets ( one for each tabel ). I got them all for $2 at a garage sale and were brand new, still had tags on them. I am going to fill each basket with glass ornaments that I also have been picking up at garage sales and thrift stores. Some are plain and some are glittered. All in all the baskets are going to be beautiful. The tables will be covered with a table cloth, plastic if I can't find donationed nicer ones.

Last year I used snowman candy cane holders for my center piece. Got those at oriental trading co. for very cheap.

One spring I used silk flowers that have fallen off the stems in Michaels and Joanns. After asking the store let me have them for penny's. I hot glued two or three together with a bow and a ribbon that stretched down the table. Very pretty!

Ask everyone to bring some kind of Christmas decoration and spread them out on a side table. Before dinner is served have each person (two or three at a time) to come up and choose an item to be used to make a centrepiece at their table. Provide a base (even a paper plate) and some tape. This is a great ice breaker if people don't know each other well.

This year I'd forgo the decorations and place a shoebox in the center of each table. Ask the ladies to bring items to fill the boxes so you can send them to servicemen overseas.

I believe the website is

www.anysoldier.com