Taking Laundry Detergent and Bleach to the Laundromat

Lighten your Load. When using Laundry additives try screw on bottles (Snapple, Soda, Water, etc.) Measure additive, Use and repeat for future loads or dispose at Laundromat. It is much easier than taking The Large Container with you. Time permitting do this for multiple uses in advance. Use The Contents of these bottles before you Re-Use them (LOL).

Gerry K

Answers:

Taking Laundry Detergent/Bleach at the Laundromat

Before we got our washer and dryer, I used to measure out a load's worth of detergent into baggies. I started with empty butter tubs, but found baggies were easier to carry. I took just the number of baggies I thought I would probably need, plus 1 extra just in case. Whenever I used the detergent in a baggie, I kept the baggie and refilled it. (I used powdered detergent--less messy.)

Camilla (02/08/2005)

By calnorth

When my 18 year old moved to residence at University last fall, I sent a tupperware container and a 1/3 cup measuring cup with him for the powdered laundry detergent. It's so much easier to put the powder in the tupperware and take it with him than to carry a flimsy cardboard box of Tide. I also cut the bounce sheets in 2" x 2" squares and sent those with him. He uses one of these per load, just like he did at home. (02/08/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

I just put the required amount of detergent (powder) in a zip lock and only take the ziplock (03/14/2007)