Taking Nail Polish from Black 100% Polyester Coat

My coat is a Black 100% polyester feather down coat (outside and lining) I had a nail polish stain that I tried to take out with Nail polish remover but it didn't come out and it made the spot white. Is there anything I can do to take it out without damaging the fabric. Help!

Erica from Jersey.

Answers:

If no one can come up with an idea to get out the spot I have one I've used for covering it. Sewing departments have appliqués that work wonders. Many designs, and colors to compliment your coat. I've used this idea on bleach spots. (02/12/2005)

By Tressa

I'm afraid the nail polish remover may have reacted with the fabric and has taken out the black dye. You don't say if all the polish came out but I'm assuming it did. I don't know if anything will bring the color back. Hopefully the fabric is still smooth and will absorb. Then you can redye the area or if the area isn't too large, color it in with black sharpie.

Otherwise, Tressa's suggestion about a patch might be the best solution.

Susan from ThriftyFun (02/12/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Taking Nail Polish from A Coat
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄