Tangy Fruit Salad

Ingredients

• 1 box vanilla instant pudding
  • 3 Tbsp. of Tang
  • 1 can chunk pineapple
  • Your choice of canned or fresh fruit:
    • Ad
    • 1 can sliced pears
    • 1 can sliced peaches
    • maraschino cherries
    • canned tropical fruit
    • fresh bananas (add just before serving)
    • grapes
    • blueberries
    • chunks of fresh apples
    • mandarin oranges
    • coconut

Directions

Open can of pineapple chunks and drain the liquid into a large bowl. Add the Tang and the vanilla instant pudding to the pineapple juice. Stir to mix thoroughly. Mix in your choices of canned and fresh fruit. Be sure to drain all canned fruit and DO NOT ADD THE JUICE FROM THESE OTHER FRUITS. Add the different fruits to the bowl. You may add whatever you want as long is there is enough sauce to coat all the fruit. This is excellent for a breakfast or brunch. It can be made the night before, but don't add fresh bananas or apples until close to serving time. Sprinkle toasted coconut and add a cherry on top for an eye-pleasing presentation.

Source: I have made this fruit salad for years and have no idea of the source of it. I just took the basic sauce mix and went with whatever fruit I had available.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Answers:

Tangy Fruit Salad

Hi Sandy sounds good. I also make a salad from Pistachio instant pudding with fruit, marshmallows, cool whip and nuts. Love these kind of salads Thank You. Lila-Ann (07/24/2008)

By

Tangy Fruit Salad

This sounds wonderful and I'd love to make it for the women who come to the shelter where I cook. Have you ever done it for a large number? And do you have any advice so that it wouldn't lose it's appeal if multiplied? (07/24/2008)

By josie

Tang Fruit Salad
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Grapefruit slices in a canning jar.
Canning Grapefruit
Frozen Fruit Salad
Frozen Fruit Salad Recipes
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄